Signature Pad Custom Control For XMod Pro
This Custom Control for XMod Pro Forms gives you the ability to take true digital signatures through a Signature Pad field for your DNN Forms!
Benefits & Features:
We developed this Custom Control for a project where the client needed to capture a written digital signature.
- Great for iPad and Android Tablet use for forms that need digital signatures from users.
- The digital signature is effective when used with a mouse or trackpad, and is excellent when using a pen, stylus or touch/tablet
- SignaturePad is a jQuery plugin for creating an HTML5 canvas-based signature pad.
- Signatures drawn in the field are recorded in a JSON array that can be saved to the database as a string, and can be called later to regenerate and display a signature in the canvas. An included XMod Pro demo Template shows a generated signature.
- We recommend that, in addition to saving the signature, that you setup db fields for recording FirstName, LastName, DateCreated, and UserIPAddress, all of which are easy to do with standard XMod Pro fields/Tokens.
- The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro form example using countries/states as a starter example for you to work from.
- New In Version 1.1.0 - Control Width & Height of signature canvas area with values in the control as well as style css edits.
- New In Version 1.1.0 - Set the position of the gray "signature guideline" within the signature canvas area.
- New In Version 1.1.0 - Download / Save signature as JPG Image with additional download control for use in Forms / Templates that creates a "save as image" link.
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store »
This item is a Custom Control produced for use in XMod Pro forms and is a control built for SignaturePad, an HTML5 canvas signature field built by Thomas J Bradley. Further details, instructions, and additional features/elements for the concept can be found at the source articles.
SignaturePad requires jQuery, Douglas Crockford’s json2.js and FlashCanvas 1.5. All dependencies retain their own original licenses.
Notes & Instructions
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- Then, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal