DNN Page Skin & Container Manager For XMod Pro
Now, with the Bulk Skin Manager, you can review all of the tabs of the website on one manager and at-a-glance audit the skins that are being specified across the whole DNN portal.
If you need to make a batch edit to all the skins or to all of a group of pages, then the XMod Pro form will allow you to make sweeping changes to several pages/Tabs or Skins at a time, dramatically cutting the time for bulk editing of Page/Tab Skins and Containers across the site.
Benefits & Features:
As a development company with tons of DotNetNuke sites out there for our clients, we've found that we often will need to make site-wide edits and updates to the site as quickly and painlessly as possible. The larger the sites are (more pages), then the longer it takes to perform some tasks across-the-board.
In sites with many pages and a variety of skin templates, then this DNN Page Skin manager can help tremendously! Think of it as a builk manager that lets you quickly see what skins and containers are used across the whole portal and then make changes to many pages at a time.
And remember, since it is built with XMod Pro code, you can easily edit and customize the module as needed!
- This manager lets you see all the pages and their skins that are set at a glance
- Then you can edit that one page manually in the normal page's page settings
- You can bulk edit all the pages that have that same skin setting adn change them all to a different skin
- You can clear out all the pages with that skin to go back to the "none specified" setting in a batch
- Also, it's useful if you've been messy in the past with whether a skin was uploaded and used as a PORTAL skin or a HOST skin... and then you edit one or the other and get out of sync... this manager lets you see them all at a glance, and then you can easily take all of one and change them to the other.
- Search & Sort Tabs for quick access
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store
Notes & Instructions
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- hen, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal
This solution will require the setup of three pages with XMod Pro modules on them using the Tempaltes and Forms included with this kit. You can find full install instructions and information on the Moore Creative XMod Pro Blog: