MC Custom DataView for XMod Pro - MySQL Database Datasource
The Custom MySQL DataView allows users to display records from an external MySQL Database in DotNetNuke pages through XMod Pro Templates.
Benefits & Features:
We developed this MySQL custom datasource so that we could use XModPro-managed code to display data lists and views from MySQL in DNN pages. This can be used jsut as with standard XMP Templates to list single records of data (detail view, single data record) or a list (looping data set) of records from a MySQL database. Remember, because it's XMod Pro, you can easily edit and customize your DNN module solution as needed!
- Easy to Use - Either specify the ConnectionString for the MySQL Database location and credentials in the template or set it in the Web.Config.
- Reads in Records like a standard database in XMod Pro! Read records into XMod Pro just like any other data source. Works with many standard XMP functions. Can be combined with show/hide actions and CSS to display some records, all records, scrolling lists of records... it's up to your imagination!
- Fully Customizable Design & Layout – As with any XMod Pro Template, you have control over the full layout code, structure, setup of list structure with full design control over XMod Pro template code and CSS to make the feed match your DNN website.
- Read Data From Other CMS & Other Systems - Finally! You can read data from the databases of other LAMP CMSs like WordPress, Droopal, Joomla, OS Commerce, etc.
- mySQL Queries - Write standard MySQL queries (which are mostly like standard MS SQL and TSQL queries). Many features MySQL query features such as "SHOW TABLES" query to make it easy to work with external MySQL.
- NEW Debug Feature - It may be hard to query and test an external MySQL database during development, so we've created a new "Debug=True" parameter which renders a basic table column/row output of the MySQL results at the bottom of the template. Perfect to help troubleshoot column names and values returned from your MySQL Queries.
- Tablesorter / Pagination Examples - Manage pagination manually through queries, XMP filters, or with jQuery such as Tablesorter to quickly break records into pagniation groups.
- Utilizing the connection component, a majority of mySQL and standard SQL queries and functions are possible. Limitations and abilities are based on the mySQL version and location features.
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store
Notes & Instructions
Remember, we are continuing to update and enhance the control with new features from your requests and from our ongoing use of the control in client projects. Be sure to let us know your suggestions and requests!
To use this custom dataview within your XMod Pro templates, simply add the REGISTER tag to your template for the MooreCreative MySql Controls library, then follow instructions for customization and options within the new data view, mc:MySqlTemplate.
The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro template as a starter example for you to work from.
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- Then, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal