DNN Portal Manager Utility For XMod Pro
Not every DNN instance that we work on has 10 portals in it. But for the ones that do have 10, 25, or 80+ portals in one DotNetNuke instance, reviewing information in the Host > Portals (or Host > Site Management as it's known now) DNN page can be painful. The core DNN page is a basic utility. It does not allow you to set how many portals to show on one page before paginating, does not allow you to sort or search and has limited data displayed.
Whenever MooreCreative sees a DNN admin or utility item that needs work, we turn to XMod Pro! We have developed this Module Kit for XMod Pro out of our direct use of this tool on client DNN instances with multiple portals (one with 244+ portals) to help us manage and review portal information.
Benefits & Features:
This administration utility provides a listing of all portals within a DNN instance. At a glance you can see quick information such as numbers of pages, number of modules and top domain alias. Remember, since it is built with XMod Pro code, you can easily edit and customize the module as needed!
- Easy to review all of the portals on the DNN instance on one screen
- You can set pagination and search as needed
- Easily edit the list to include details/queries that you need to review and compare across portals (as an example we needed to see the total number of modules across each portal as an indicaiton of whether setup of that portal was complete)
- With the EDIT form, quickly make basic changes to Portal data such as Title, Logo/Icon, Copyright, etc.
- Quick link to the top domain name/alias for each portal
- Quickly see who is setup as the administrator for each portal
- Expand and customize as needed!
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store
Notes & Instructions
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- hen, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal