ASP.NET Menu Tree Custom Control For XMod Pro
This Custom Control for XMod Pro Forms gives you the ability to have an ASP.NET Menu Tree / Structure for a Form Checkbox List!
Benefits & Features:
We developed this Custom Control for project situations where we needed to present multiple options for a user to choose from in a multi-select scenario. Many average web users have trouble with the "Ctrl + Click" to select multiple items, and while the Dual List functionality helps with this problem, it does not gracefully display levels/hierarchy well. This Menu Tree allows you to display parent/child relationships and is instantly recognized and easy to use.
- Control allows you to specify data sets through the XMod Pro standard ControlDataSource
- Can be combined with jQuery code for further enhancements like disabling parent selections, enforcing a count-limit on selections, etc.
- Users can select individual items, or select a parent item to auto-select all child items
- When passing in populated data, the menu tree will automatically open/display any notes that are checked
- Fully customizable for style/layout from within CSS, jQuery and within XMod Pro code
- To use this custom control within your XMod Pro forms, simply add the REGISTER tag to your form for the moorecreative.xmodcontrols, then follow instructions for customization and options within the control.
- The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro form example using countries/states as a starter example for you to work from.
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store »
Notes & Instructions
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- Then, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal