Enhanced ListBox (With Search/Filter) Custom Control For XMod Pro
This Custom Control for XMod Pro Forms gives you the ability to have an enhanced ListBox for your XMP Forms!
Benefits & Features:
We developed this Custom Control for project situations where we needed to present long lists of options for a user to choose from in a multi-select or single-select ListBox in XMod Pro forms. Average web users can have trouble scrolling through long lists of items, especially if they are going to select multiple items.
- If you have a large list of items for an HTML Select list, finding the correct item can be like searching for a needle in a haystack! If there are a couple hundred items, finding a specific item can be difficult. Even if there are only 20 to 40 records in the list, users appreciate the speed of a quick search/filter making it easier to locate the desired item!
- List of items in the ListBox will update dynamically as the user types in the search field attached to the list
- Control allows you to specify data sets through the XMod Pro standard ControlDataSource
- When passing in populated data, the menu tree will automatically open/display any notes that are checked
- Fully customizable for style/layout of the filter/search box from within CSS, jQuery and within XMod Pro code
- To use this custom control within your XMod Pro forms, simply add the REGISTER tag to your form for the moorecreative.xmodcontrols, then follow instructions for customization and options within the control.
- The form control uses all of the same parameters as a standard XMP ListBox and behaves the same way, which makes it easy to swap out the core XMP control for this enhanced one!
- The Module Kit installer will setup an XMod Pro form example using countries/states as a starter example for you to work from.
Made For XMod Pro
This Kit / Code works in XMod Pro
and is a collection of Forms, Templates and Feeds that together create a solution or module for DNN. This code will not work without XMod Pro 3+ installed in your DNN instance. If you do not already have a licensed copy of XMod Pro, go get one!
Get XMod Pro now from The DotNetNuke Store »
Notes & Instructions
You have two options on how to install and begin using the module kit:
- Option 1. Install Manually
- Option 2. Use the Kit Module Installer
The kit module installer allows you to use the standard DotNetNuke module install process to install the XMod Pro forms and template files as well as create the example database table necessary.
- To use the kit installer, simply install it in the same manner as a standard module.
- Then, place the module on a page
- follow the instructions displayed on the module and click a button to complete installation
- the completion of the installation process will remove the temporary kit installer module from the page and your DNN instance
- you are now ready to specify the template, forms, etc within a module of XMod Pro like normal